Total Pageviews

Nov 27, 2014

Plover protection

Photo credit ~ Sandy Selesky / Audubon Photography Awards
As a sometimes donor to the Audubon Society, I am on a email list that receives promotional literature from time to time from Audubon.   Today, I received an American thanksgiving wish and thank-you message from David Yarnold, President and CEO of the National Audubon Society.   The note was illustrated with the photo above, with a credit attributed to Sandy Selesky.   Over the last few years, photographs of Piping Plover chicks, huddled and hidden beneath a parents' wings, have been become popular subject matter.   There is a sensitive and visceral feeling to these images that always charms me.   The photo above is no exception.   I never tire of seeing images like this.   To me, the images personify protection.

Please comment if you wish.
BtheB      

No comments: