Total Pageviews

Feb 24, 2011

Life bird # 398 ~ Bohemian Waxwing


It only took me 20 years to do it but I have finally added Bohemian Waxwing (Bombycilla garrulus) to my life list - # 398.   It wasn't just one bird that I saw.   There were over two dozen of them, silently watching me pass them by at Cold Creek Conservation Area.   I am in the habit of stopping often to listen, turn about, and scan the treetops.   There they were.   Note the cinammon-coloured, under-tail coverts in the photo.   It was the icing on the cake of a pleasant morning of wandering about several spots.  Prior to the Bohemians, I had seen Wild Turkeys at Hammertown, a Red-tailed Hawk at Strange, and Horned Larks on Woodchopper's Lane and Strawberry Lane in the Holland Marsh.
Please comment if you wish.
BtheB                                                                                  Photo by BarrytheBirder

No comments: