Total Pageviews

Feb 9, 2011

Who keeps an eye on your horse?

As I drive the backroads of King Township looking for birds I can't help but notice the hundreds of fine horses for which the area is now famous.   Many groups of horses are accompanied by non-horse species that I presume acts as early-warning systems to protect the horses from intruders.   Some of these animal-sentinels will, on occasion, even run an intruder off the property.   I've seen burros, donkeys, ponies, llamas, even small gaggles of geese.   Today, for the first time and during a snow squall, it was a goat.   Not only has the goat you see above, been given an important responsibility, but it has been outfitted with a matching horse blanket.   Excuse me, make that a goat blanket.   It's a considerate gesture given our cold temperatures of late.   Although this goat was down on its front knees having a pleasant hay lunch, it never once tool its eyes off me.
Please comment if you wish.
BtheB 

1 comment:

Bigwom said...

He looks pretty serious...I'd be careful