Total Pageviews

Jun 25, 2020

Turkey Vultures nest in Bob and Carol Field's barn...

                                                                                       Photos by BarrytheBirder
Carol Field, who lives on Keele Street, north of King City, called last Sunday to let me know that she and husband Bob had Turkey Vultures living in an old barn of their farm.   The vultures appear to have raised two youngsters in a nest inside the barn, which the vultures accessed via a couple of missing barn boards.   I have to say that the photos appearing here are not of the 'Carol and Bobs' vultures, but are Turkey Vultures that I had photographed elsewhere in King Township.   Carol and I had agreed that these birds have huge wingspans and the photos I have included here, certainly show those massive wings quite well.   This is the first time I have heard of a report of nesting Turkey Vultures in King Township.   I commented to Carol that not only are Turkey Vultures quite common in Ontario now, because of global warming/climate change, but Black Vultures from the U.S.A. are now starting to show up in southern Ontario also.  Indeed, the times they are a-changin'.
 


Please comment if you wish.
BarrytheBirder

No comments: