Total Pageviews

Jun 16, 2020

Linda's favourite bird species...

                                                                        Oriole photos by BarrytheBirder


My late wife Linda had an affinity for all creatures, great and small.   When it came to birds, I don't recall her saying she had a favourite.   But if forced, I think she would have picked the Baltimore Oriole.   For Linda, spring was never spring until a Baltimore Oriole showed up.   And when they did make their appearance, she never stopped enthusing about them, especially for
 their joyful colour.   It took a few years to get the hang of attracting them and keeping them coming.   But it was worth it, including all those bags of sugar.   I  mention the sugar because we had so many feeders  to keep full.   I remember we had as many as 12 one year.  My Linda may be gone, but I think of her every day when I see the 'hummers' hovering.


Please comment if you wish.
Barry Wallace

No comments: