Total Pageviews

Sep 23, 2016

Scarecrow in the Holland Marsh


Photo by BarrytheBirder


Outstanding in their field
'Silent and ancient, they are the unliving
who stand over the living crop'

The cleverly-written lines above appear in an article in the August 3rd issue of the venerable British magazine 'COUNTRY LIFE'.   The piece was written by John Lewis-Stempel and is nicely illustrated with local photographs from the English countryside. However, it made me remember a photo I took in the Holland Marsh a few years ago, which you see above.   It's one of my favourite photos from the 'Salad Bowl of Ontario'.   I hope you like it also.   Now, I must return the magazine to the waiting room of my otolaryngologist,  Dr. William Kaul, in Richmond Hill, who after warning me to bring the magazine back, added: "We know where you live".   On my way Dr. Bill.

Please comment if you wish.
BarrytheBirder


No comments: