Total Pageviews

Nov 5, 2016

Kingbirds




Eastern
Kingbird
(left)




Gray 
Kingbird
(right)






Photos 
by
 Barry
the Birder


               
According to my 'World Checklist of Birds' by Monroe and Sibley (1993), there are 11 kingbird species in the world, two of which I have taken pictures of (see above). The Eastern Kingbird I photographed close to home in King City, Ontario, Canada. The other, the Gray Kingbird, I photographed on St. Maarten, in the Caribbean Sea.   I have also seen the Tropical Kingbird in the Yucatan, Mexico, and the Loggerhead Kingbird in Barbados.   At 75 years of age, I'm not sure how many more trips from Canada to the sunny south I have in me, but I do hope to add some more kingbirds.   After all, 11 kingbird species are to be found in the central western hemisphere, around the Caribbean and in northern South America.   One can always dream.
Please comment if you wish.
BarrytheBirder

No comments: