Total Pageviews

Mar 30, 2020

One of my favourite Jamaica photographs...

Photos by BarrytheBirder
Great Kiskadee
(Pitangus sulphuratus)
The Kiskadee is my favourite bird from Mexico and the southern islands of the Caribbean.   It is also found in several countries in the north of South America.   It was introduced to Bermuda in the 1950s.   There are prettier birds in to be found in southern climes, but the Kiskadee is like to an ambassador for me, to places like Jamaica, where I photgraphed the one pictured above.   They are regular dining companions at any patio table.   Some would say too much so, but not me.
Below, is a Kiskadee photo I took in Antigua a few years ago.   Note the unnatural crossed tip of the bill in this picture.



Please comment if you wish.
BarrytheBirder

No comments: