Total Pageviews

Sep 19, 2019

One more favourite warbler photo...

Photo by BarrytheBirder
Orange-crowned Warbler
(Vermivora celata)

I should have included this warbler is yesterday's blog when I posted five of my favourite warbler photos.   This warbler photo is not a favourite because of its how it looks, but because of its uncommon presence in eastern Canada.   I have only ever seen this bird once, but was able to get the photo above.   It is one of the plainest of warblers in appearance.   Even the orange stripe on its crown is rarely seen, even in western North America, where it is much more common.   In fact, I only have 16 warbler pictures in my birding photo collection and I am rather pleased the 'Orange-crowned' is one of them. 

Please comment if you wish.
BarrytheBirder
   

No comments: