Total Pageviews

Sep 23, 2019

Fall warbler migration underway here...

Photo by BarrytheBirder
Tennessee Warbler passes through...
An immature Tennessee Warbler (Vermivora peregrina), on southward migration, showed up in the backyard cedar hedge last Friday.   It jumped around so quickly, and apparently so nervously, that I didn't get a picture.   But I have included a Tennessee Warbler picture (above) that I took a couple of years ago, during the spring migration.   It's a small, indistinctly marked warbler that looks pretty much the same, whether male or female, through its different age stages and seasons.   I believe I have seen as many as 12 different warbler species in one fall migration over the last many years.   I see most of them early in the morning and particularly after rain during the night before.   They are always welcome.
Please comment if you wish.
BarrytheBirder

No comments: