Total Pageviews

Sep 17, 2012

My 'hummers' have left


Photo by BarrytheBirder

One  day they are  all squabbling over whose nectar feeder is whose, and the next day they have all agreed to forget their differences and have headed south to warmer climes.   My hummingbirds were chasing each other all over the backyard last Thursday.   Then on Friday they were all gone.   I never did figure out how many there were this summer.   The most I ever saw a one time was six.   And those photos you see of a dozen hummers all sitting around a giant feeder, on their best behaviour?   Forget it.   Mine spent every waking moment chasing each other off!   Not that it made me appreciate them any less.   It's all about survival, right?   I shall miss them dearly.   And next year I will relish their return.
Please comment if you wish.
BtheB   

No comments: