Total Pageviews

May 4, 2012

First Hummers today


My wife spotted the first Ruby-throated Hummingbirds of the season in our backyard today.   She shrieked at me that I had only put up one feeder and it was empty!   Bedlam ensued as I rushed to prepare nectar and raced around putting up the other nine feeders.   In short order, all 10 feeders were filled and ready to host the hummers.   There was a male and a female.   I apologize for the poor quality photo, at the left.   I waited for an hour to get a shot, then when the opportunity finally presented itself, I wasn't  completely paying attention.   I'll do better tomorrow.   I did get some good shots of Red Admiral butterflies, though, while I was waiting.   See below. 


    Please comment if you wish.
    BtheB

2 comments:

Eve said...

You take very beautiful photos Barry.
I will follow your blog, because my family and I live close by, so your posts relate to our backyard feeders too. I put out the hummingbird feeder, waiting and hoping.....
We have lots of birds, because we have a narrow ravine behind our backt=yard. So far we spotted at least 26 kinds of birds right around our yard. Thanks for sharing your knowledge and photographs.
Eve

BarrytheBirder said...

Thanks for your comments, Eve. Good luck with the hummingbirds. They are amazing little creatures. BtheB