Total Pageviews

Mar 28, 2012

I'd like to come back...


At the risk of appearing like some old fart with early-onset dementia, I am back  once again writing my BarrytheBirder blog.   Bear with me folks, as I try to figure out exactly what I'm trying to do here.   This time around, I am going to write this blog on a regular basis, but not on a fixed schedule.   Sometimes, it might appear daily, or every two or three days, or maybe as infrequently as once a week.   The fact is I love producing my birding blog but I can't seem to find the time to do it on a daily basis, as I did previously.   But enough of the pathetic preamble and let's get right to it.

Red Kites over Britain

   Photo by Ben Hall / Rex Features
A kettle of Red Kites circles over mid-Wales in this moody photograph by Ben Hall.   The species has been saved from extinction, in Britain, by one of the world's longest-running protection programs.   Red Kites can once again be seen throughout England, Scotland and Wales.   And a grand sight they are with their distinctive and colourful markings, as seen below.

Photo by M.X.Danish
Photo by Mike Warburton

Long live the Red Kite

Please comment if you wish.
BarrytheBirder

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Welcome back Barry.Fill up the vacuum again.The spirit of that kite bares it all.
Thanx

Anonymous said...

Hi Barry,
Welcome back Barry.Fill up the vacuum again.The spirit of that kite bares it all.
Thanx
Mpho

BarrytheBirder said...

Many thanks, Mpho.
Barry