Total Pageviews

Oct 17, 2011


A BIG mistake!

What was I thinking?!?   Living with the fact, for just a little over a week, that I wasn't going to be writing this blog anymore made me quite miserable.   Who knew?!?  If you were one of the people who left a comment during the past 11 days and happen to stumble back upon this blog, please accept my sincere thanks for your kind words regarding what was supposed to be the end of  the BARRY the BIRDER's blogsite.   I hope to pick up where I left off, with one slight change.   I have always tried to present the joy, beauty and love in nature, knowing that the harsher sides of our natural world are readily available elsewhere.   I admit to often seeing nature through rose-coloured glasses.   From this point forward however, I'd like to occasionally comment, in a forceful tone, through words and pictures, on how our natural world is used and abused.   having said that, let me jump in with both feet  by sharing the following story.   At the same time as I was foolishly pulling the plug on BARRY the BIRDER, a reader, unaware of my imminent departure, took the time to send me a personal email in which she took great exception to something I didn't say, rather than to something I did say .   It was the blog about Luther Marsh, back in mid-September..   I had written about Luther Marsh through those unfortunate rose-coloured glasses.   I did make a comment about how unfortunate it was that hunting is part of the Luther Marsh reality.   I did not go into detail, however.   Someone seeing the overwhelming presence of the hunting reality at Luther Marsh, with their own eyes (which the reader had done), can be forgiven for seeing nothing but a killing field.   Luther Marsh is a wildlife protection area - until it is time to slaughter the wildlife.   Then it is a killing field.   The hunting state-of-mind is omnipresent and oppressive at Luther Marsh.   It is why I stopped going there many years ago to view birds.   The Luther Marsh Killing Fields are part of our reality, but I will be more forthcoming in the future about the reality of places I write about and their possible effect on those who have  not been comprehensively alerted to the grisly truth.
Please comment if you wish.
BtheB

6 comments:

Mpho Phiri said...

Hi Barry, Welcome back!!!!!

Bigwom said...

Good to see you back.

jimstephenson said...

I continued to visit daily to see if you changed your mind and to read comments. I'm glad I did as now I have more than kind comments to look forward to. Thanks

LivingInAurora.ca said...

Hey Barry, welcome back. I left you on my reading list just in case. I been blogging since 2007 and never really stopped, I would just take time off. I was too showing beauty through my photographs, but then I saw things needed to be done, thus the start of the living in aurora blog.
Glad you are back, your regular reader. Anna :)

Angie in T.O. said...

I enjoy your blog immensely, glad your staying. :)

Anonymous said...

Hopefully you disposed of Moriarty and didn't catch cold in The Falls? Good to see you back, Barry!