Total Pageviews

Oct 12, 2010

Thanksgiving weather ~ you never know

This is my daughter Allison and my grandson Spencer enjoying a Thanksgiving dip in Uncle Patrick and Aunt Beth's pool, in London, Ontario. You just never know at our latitude, in south-central Ontario, what kind of weather to expect at Thanksgiving. I remember long ago returning on a ferry boat from a Thanksgiving celebration on Christian Island, in Georgian Bay. As we ploughed through the cold October waves toward Cedar Point on the mainland, I remember an indian elder looking back saying it looked like snow coming. It was cool and overcast but I couldn't imagine it actually snowing. Twenty minutes later, as we reached the dock, it was snowing heavily. The thing about Thanksgiving is you have to give thanks no matter what, including the weather.
BtheB

No comments: