Total Pageviews

Feb 24, 2022

The times are a changing...

 

Photo by BarrytheBirder

PIGEON
I have recently moved from the pretty village of King City, where I had lived for the past 65 years, to the town of Aurora,  where I was once the publisher/general manager of the long-time local newspaper, The Banner.   I am now an ancient eighty-year-old and live on the fifth floor of the new Delmanor Retirement Residence and I have a pleasant balcony overlooking part of the Oak Ridges Moraine.   I have not seen an American Goldfinch or Red-breasted Nuthatch yet, but I have been visited by pigeons, and one of them is pictured above.   Rather than put out seed birdfeeders and end up with shells all over the balcony, I have decided to start out in the spring with Hummingbird feeders.   I will keep you up-to-date dear reader about my new birding headquarters as spring approaches.
Please comment if you wish.
BarrytheBirder

No comments: