Total Pageviews

Apr 5, 2018

Spring harbinger...

Photo by BarrytheBirder
American Robin
(Turdus migratorius)

THE ROBIN

     THE ROBIN is the one
     That interrupts the morn
     With hurried, few, express reports
     When March is scarcely on.

     The robin is the one
     That overflows the noon
     With her cherubic quantity,
     An April but begun.

     The robin is the one
     That speechless from her nest
     Submits that home and certainty
     And sanctity are best.
Emily Dickinson (1830-86)
Please comment if you wish.
Barrythebirder

1 comment:

Robert Campbell said...

I often catch myself taking the Robin for granted . While focusing my binocs to id a distant bird I'll hear myself saying "oh it's just a Robin". One of my favorite paintings is "March into Spring" by Wilhelm Goebel