Photos by BarrytheBirder
My wife and I just spent a week in Antigua and while I fully intended to do lots of snorkelling, I also saw some birds - 28 to be exact. It was no surprise that I saw the ubiquitous Bananaquit more than any other species. I also got two life birds: a Least Tern and a Black-whiskered Vireo. They brought my life list to 425. Following are some pictures and the list of 28 birds.
Green-throated Carib Hummingbird
Antillean Crested Hummingbird
1. Brown Pelican 11. Sandwich Tern 21. Black-whiskered Vireo
2. Brown Booby 12. Royal Tern 22. Yellow Warbler
3. Magnificent Frigatebird 13. Least Tern 23. Common Yellowthroat
4. Snowy Egret 14. Rock Pigeon 24. Orange-crowned Warbler
5. Cattle Egret 15. Zenaida Dove 25. Bananaquit
6. Broad-winged Hawk 16. Common Ground Dove 26. Black-faced Grassquit
7. Merlin 17. Mangrove Cuckoo 27. Lesser Antillean Bullfinch
8. Ruddy Turnstone 18. Green-throated Carib 28. Carib Grackle
9. Least Tern 19. Antillean Crested Hummingbird Life Birds
10. Laughing Gull 20. Gray Kingbird
Please comment if you wish.