Total Pageviews

Oct 25, 2009

More new camera photos

Fox Sparrow

Blue Jay

Here are some backyard shots taken this weekend. The Fox Sparrows will be around for another week or so, while the Blue Jay I expect will be around all winter, especially if I keep stocking up the bird feeder with the 'Ultimate Mix' from The Maple Barn Store. My new telephoto zoom lens is so powerful that I'm having trouble getting the focus just right. Between my less than perfect eyes and the hip-hop behaviour of birds like the Chickadee and Red-breasted Nuthatch, it's a challenge to get that perfect shot. Ahhhh, but that's the challenge. Stay tuned in and we'll see what we can capture in the lens.
BtheB

1 comment:

Jesse Wallace said...

WOW! Great shot of the Blue Jay. Love that depth of field. Can we ask about the camera? Not that you want to necessarily shill for the manufacturer, but I'm a recent DSLR convert and I'm nerdy about this sort of thing.