Total Pageviews

Jul 6, 2019

Osprey nest discovered near hamlet of Snowball...

Photos by BarrytheBirder
Let me begin this blog entry by apologizing for the out-of-focus photo above.   This large Osprey nest is perched atop a very high communications tower, at the top of a large hill, in the middle of a large farm, near to where I live.   The shot is the best I could do with my 300mm lens.   But the image of the raptor is not important, in and of itself, but the fact I have discovered this location is very gratifying for me as a local birder.  In the last few years I had lost track of four Osprey nesting sites in King Township.   All four nests had been abandoned or destroyed.   A tragedy if you are an Osprey admirer like me.   But now I know that one or more of the big birds are nearby, I can once again look forward to seeing them up close somewhere and getting photos like the one below, which I took nearby a few years ago.



Please comment if you wish.
BarrytheBirder  

No comments: